Thursday, September 3, 2009

An Unusually ‘Usual Day’

6

No agenda for the day, no plans, no assignment deadline, no meetings….just woke up at 8.05 a.m., too late to realize that I just missed the Supply Chain Management class. ‘Fuckkkk..’ was the 1st word I uttered, ‘morons’ the 2nd -for Abhineet and Deepesh..who didn’t wake me up for the class and themselves rushed away; third thing I did- a bigggg yawwwn..n then I lost the count for the obvious reason that I hurriedly slept back..:P - a usual day of my college life.

Whenever there is some occasion, some event,or some happening, it so happens that we try to make that otherwise normal day to be a special or a different one. But there are days, which are like usual ‘usual days’ and which as the day unfolds all of a sudden start turning out to be good or pleasant ones or can say unusually 'usual'. May not be memorable, or may not be distinct but some small, little things, some tid –bits of happiness just start popping up out of nowhere and it just smoothly mingles with the usualness of our day.

Today was one of those unusually 'usual' day. I attended rest of the classes for the day and then headed for library and started reading some book. Just diagonally opposite to me was sitting one of my friend and batchmate Tarang. And to my amazement she had this rarest of the rare smile on her face. Most of the times I’ve seen her with an “all-the-bad- happens- with- me- only”- types of facial expressions or even if she smiles then its like SAT (Smile AfterTax:P) (no offense dear). Beside me and opposite to Tarang was sitting one of our other friend Nidhi, reading newspaper. And then came the question of the day. “What happened? Something wrong with you? U r looking upset..!!” asked Tarang to Nidhi ( the irony is that most of the times I have seen vice versa happening i.e. people asking Tarang the same question). So, I couldn’t resist myself in complementing Tarang for her smile -apparently new avatar :P. I didn’t ask the reason for that, because it didn’t matter much. But her smile had some positive vibes which just instigated me to start observing other people around (girls specifically)..and to my greatest surprise almost everyone of them -who an hour ago were looking like zombies; started looking happy - be it d bubbly sraddha or pretty Rashmi in yellow suite or Sania in white, busy within herself. All of them suddenly started appearing to me..full of life and all of them seemed to be sharing something in common(ehh..not my my attention or their smile). I don’t deny the fact that it’s very much possible that everything was as it is earlier also before I started observing and may be it was just my perception but then certainly there was something which led to this shift in my perception. And before I could realize what it was, it seemed as if that ‘something in common’ itself walked upto me and with its fingers just gently stretched my lips sideways and placed a smile on my face. Never had I believed this concept of positive and negative vibes that people carry with them or emit they say(as if some radiations :P) and affect other people in their company, but for the first time I felt it strongly. May be no one else felt the same what I felt, and may be until Tarang reads this, she herself wouldn’t have any idea about this whole experience. I think this is not a generalized fact and not everyone gets affected by it or if does than may be the sources are not the same. Now why only Tarang..I have no clue. And does someone else gets effected by me also like this..;) ..about this also I am clueless. Infact I even don't know whether the same effect can be repeated. If I ever happen to fall into exactly the same set of circumstances, will I again feel the same vibes, will everyone appear to be happy similarly..don't know. But then ultimately, in the present context this experience has fetched me some pleasant feeling, some nice experience..so I won't bother to find the reasons or answers to these ambiguities.

When writing about it now, my engineering brain has all of a sudden woke up and it seems now I am internally relating it to Newton’s law which says energy can neither be created nor be destroyed, it can just be transformed from one form to another. So I guess, it was some positive energy which got transferred from Tarang to all the people I was observing and then finally came back to me. Everything throughout the day seemed then, to be a repercussion of this great beginning. And at the end, what had started as an otherwise normal day started turning out to be a pleasant one and the best part is it came with no extra efforts :P. That smile lasted for long and for this Unusually 'Usual Day' I owe my sincere gratitude to Tarang..!! :)

6 Response to An Unusually ‘Usual Day’

Anonymous
December 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM

wooow!
it kept me curious and left me with a SMILE....loved it.
:) :) :)
awesome narration Nishant.
way to go....you write really well.

December 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM

@Alka: Oh did it..?? den it serves d purpose i guess..:P Thnx :)

January 6, 2010 at 4:55 AM

Unusually 'Special Day'... :):):)

Nishant I am posting this comment today 'cos it is crystal clear to me now that positivity be it positive energy or positive attitude can do wonders...after reading ur post i started smiling much more than ever before and since then evrything be it trivial or important started becoming pleasant and simple..
This Unusually 'Special Day' has taught me an important lesson ...ur words are registered as golden words in the rule book of my life...Thank u for making everyday of my life "An Unusually ‘Usual Day’"...

January 7, 2010 at 11:23 AM

@Tarang: Dere cudn't be a btr reason fr my writing..if it brings smile on my friend's face..May u keep feeling d same fr ur whole lyf n remember me thru it. :)

January 12, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Nice post Nishant. Little things like these go unnoticed everyday, nice that you picked them up and introspected upon it.

January 13, 2010 at 3:32 AM

@Sanju: Hey thnx bro..ya learning can come in different forms and from different sources..how u pick it up matters.:)